We are recognized onboarding thought-leaders, published authors, and award-winning consultants
Kaiser Associates is a leading consultancy in the New Hire Onboarding space, with an extensive best practice knowledge base and deep experience supporting the design, development, and implementation of onboarding programs for global, complex organizations.
Through our research and client work, we have observed that most organizations fall somewhere short of world-class today when it comes to onboarding, but we know that with insight into key opportunity areas and the right design and enabling infrastructure, onboarding programs can evolve and progress in terms of their stage maturity.
Onboarding Maturity Curve
Sample onboarding services that we provide our clients include:
- Program Diagnostics: Program metrics development and in-depth analysis of client onboarding programs to determine key strengths and areas of opportunity relative to client specific conditions and business objectives
- Business Case Analysis: Development of a Business Case to help make the case for change — directed at leadership and key actors in the onboarding system
- Program Design & Development: Tailored program blueprint, work plan, change management plan, and materials design based on Kaiser-recommended elements, diagnostic/best-in-class findings & unique client needs
- Hiring Manager Guides & Tools: Guides and process flows for hiring managers (and other system participants) to follow from the point of offer acceptance all the way through year one matriculation
- Implementation Planning & Support: Tactical plans for aligning program roles and accountabilities, piloting enhanced system elements and ensuring successful implementation. Deployment of governance system including metrics and accountability of all actors in the onboarding system.
Published Onboarding Thought Leadership
Kaiser Associates released Successful Onboarding: Strategies to Unlock Hidden Value within Your Organization in conjunction with McGraw-Hill publishing in 2010. The book was developed around the principles of The Onboarding Margin ™, a concept and set of frameworks developed by Kaiser consultants over the course of several years of best practice research and client work in the space. More recently, the Association for Talent Development (ATD) invited Kaiser to author 2 chapters on the topics of Onboarding and Inboarding for ATD’s Talent Management Handbook, which was released in November 2015.
Visit The Onboarding Margin™, our site dedicated to the principles of Successful Onboarding, to learn more about our book and Kaiser’s approach to onboarding, and to read reviews from Fortune 500 executives and human capital specialists.
Our team leads a community of thousands of HR professionals, designed to share onboarding approaches and gather field-based perspectives on new and emerging practices. Download our whitepaper, Making Onboarding Work, to join Kaiser’s onboarding community and gain additional perspective on our work.