Kaiser Associates was founded in 1981 by Michael M. Kaiser, as a spin-off from Strategic Planning Associates (now Mercer Management Consulting). Michael Kaiser started Kaiser Associates with a simple yet powerful mission: to help companies make more informed strategic and operational decisions by incorporating external insight and analysis.
From the very beginning, Kaiser Associates specialized in “fact-based” strategy development and performance improvement.
By 1985 we were widely recognized as the world leader in benchmarking. We published the very first book on the subject, Beating the Competition: A Practical Guide to Benchmarking, and have since delivered over 3,000+ benchmarking engagements. In the later 1980s and early 1990s, we expanded our offerings substantially, to include “fact-based” growth, go-to-market, productivity, and M&A / divestiture services.
Today, Kaiser Associates continues to grow with a global presence and impact. Among the many consulting firms that have originated and expanded over the last 40 years, Kaiser sets itself apart with an unrelenting focus on uncovering fresh, granular data and research not available in the public domain combined with expertise in translating that information into actionable strategy recommendations.
Enabled by our mid-tier size and boutique ethos, Kaiser engagements are marked by a level of speed, flexibility, and responsiveness that is highly competitive in the marketplace vs. our competitors. Our leaders are long-tenured consultants who continue to advise clients on a wide variety of strategic challenges and opportunities.
Our reputation for delivering superior work and exceptional results continue to fuel our growth. We maintain a selective and elite client base that includes 4 of the Top 10 Fortune 2022 World’s Most Admired.
Throughout the years, Kaiser has consistently been recognized by our clients and peers including:
- Vault’s ‘Top 50 Consulting Firms’ 2022
- Vault’s ‘Best Boutique Consulting Firms’ 2022
- Consistently ranked by Vault in the Top 25 for Promotion Policies, Interaction with Clients, and Firm Culture
- Named by Forbes as one of ‘Americas Best Consulting Firms’ since the inaugural list in 2016
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Kaiser
Kaiser is committed to creating a culture in which difference can thrive and inclusion is fostered.
We care about diversity and inclusion because we value the social impact that businesses can have in driving equality and social justice and appreciate the business value of the unique viewpoints of our consultants. Kaiser’s goal is to create equitable hiring practices, create an inclusive work environment, and celebrate the full range of our collective experience. To move towards this vision, we are actively implementing innovative strategies to attract and retain diverse talent, support the professional development of all employees, and encourage our team to develop the skills that they need to excel.
Our Core Values for an Inclusive Culture
- Be consistently working to understand our diverse representation, and how we can improve diversity at the leadership level
- Make it possible for our managers to support, guide, and empower our employees through ongoing career and performance discussions
- Create an environment of courage and curiosity, where inclusion is spoken about proudly
- A culture where anyone who has the capability and desire to excel can do so through equal opportunities
- Embrace and leverage the differences that our employees bring to our teams
- Be objective and bias-free in our recruitment procedures